Korean Cupid Overview: Talking About Website, Usability, Pricing, And Safety
More than 500,000 of members, perfect Cupid Media reputation, low prices — KoreanCupid is often considered the best Korean dating site in the world. Let’s see if it’s true — our experts have tested all the features of KoreanCupid and studied hundreds of Korean Cupid reviews in order to provide you a full, clear, and detailed review. Just continue reading and they’ll answer all your questions!
How to sign up?
Registration is very simple here, and it won’t take more than 5-6 minutes. Let’s talk about the steps you’ll have to take to create a profile.
- Provide basic information, such as gender, name, and email address.
- Upload your photo. However, you don’t have to upload it right after the registration. You can import the photos from your Facebook profile if you press the button “Sign Up With a Facebook Profile”.
- Pass the personality test. It’s not mandatory — but we recommend doing it because of two reasons. At first, completing this test will add some credibility and will let women know you better before writing to you. At last, there is a good matching algorithm, but if you want it to work, you'll have to complete this test. It's not time-consuming at all — it won't take more than 5-6 minutes to pass it.
- Verify your profile. Again, it’s not mandatory, we still highly recommend to do it. The thing is, email verification is very simple, but it will make your profile more “credible” and it will not be deleted by the administration (it’s quite possible that they will delete your account if you don’t verify it).
Some people think that email verification isn’t enough and that such verification means that there are lots of scammers on a dating site. That’s not true when it comes to Korean Cupid.
The thing is, KoreanCupid.com has a combined verification system — if you want, you can only verify your email, but ID verification is available, as well. The great news is that the absolute majority of women profiles are verified by ID — so you can be sure that the ladies are 100% real here. At the same time, you don’t have to waste time and to send them your ID scans — so KoreanCupid.com offers a perfect combination of two types of verification.
Is KoreanCupid easy to use?
A good dating website must be safe, easy-to-use, user-friendly, fast, and mobile-optimized. Here, we’ll describe the website itself and its mobile version.
At first, the KoreanCupid website is really fast. It loads within 2 to 3 seconds (both desktop and mobile versions) and the images load very fast (it’s important because it’s a dating site, so there will be thousands of photos to load).
The site is modern, clean, and easy-to-use. It’s similar to any other dating site from Cupid Media network, so if you’ve used one of them at least once, you will see a familiar interface. Even you haven’t used any of them, there won’t be any problems for you — because the interface here looks very similar to, say, Facebook. "Search" and "Messages" buttons are on top, settings and membership upgrade buttons are in the upper right corner; search page is very simple; profile pages are intuitive — when you open a woman profile, you'll see a quick overview, her criteria for a future partner, photos, and such buttons as "Send message", "Show interest", "Report" and "Block".
As we’ve said, the mobile version of the site is very fast. The Korean Cupid mobile app is even better — it offers the same features and services, and similar interface as the desktop site. However, it's not perfect. The first problem is the search results — they are refreshed rarely, so it's not too comfortable to use the search. The second problem, and it's quite huge, is that there is no mobile app for iOS — so all the men who have iPhones or iPads will have to use mobile browsers to visit this website. That’s not cool.
Free services of Korean Cupid
KoreanCupid.com is a paid dating website, but it’s not like you must pay here. Some services and functions are free — so let’s talk about what you can do here without paying a penny.
So, what are the free features of KoreanCupid.com?
- Registration, uploading a photo, personality test. You can create a profile and fill your profile for free.
- Basic search. Main search tabs are available for all users, and you can choose a gender, age, and location of your future partner if you have a basic profile.
- Sending a heart. It's a thing you can do to show that you're interested in a woman, and it's 100% free here, too.
- Sending messages. Basic users can send messages to both basic and Premium users, which is just great. Unlike lots of other dating sites, KoreanCupid lets you send messages to everyone!
- Receiving messages. Unfortunately, you can’t receive messages from all the users for free, only from women with Premium profiles. If it was free, too, who would pay for Premium subscription?
- Viewing who visited your profile.
Fee-based services of Korean Cupid
As we’ve said before in this Korean Cupid review, it's possible to use this website for free. However, it's definitely not worth it — the premium subscription isn't too expensive, and there are many interesting special features offered to premium users. What features are we talking about?
- Receiving messages from basic users. It doesn't sound obvious, but the absolute majority of women don't have premium profiles here — so if you want to communicate with all of them, it's necessary to buy a Gold or Platinum subscription.
- Using the live chat. Instant messenger is very comfortable, and it’s only available for Gold and Platinum members.
- Advanced search. Of course, such basic search options as gender, age, and location aren’t enough for you. Advanced search has such filters as ethnicity, appearance, interests, religion, height and weight.
- Hiding all the ads. It’s not the most important feature, of course, but it’s still important — because, to be honest, all those ads are quite irritating.
- Anonymous browsing. Don’t want a woman to know that you’re interested in her? Then you need at least a Gold subscription to browse anonymously.
- Message translation. It’s available for the Platinum users only, and it allows you to communicate even with the women who don't know English.
What about the prices? Is it really a cheap website? It’s up to you to choose. Here, we’ll provide you all the details you should know about the prices and payments.
- 1-month Gold subscription costs $30.
- 3-months Gold subscription costs $60.
- 12-months Gold subscription costs $120.
- 1-month Platinum subscription costs $35.
- 3-months Platinum subscription costs $70.
- 12-months Platinum subscription costs $150.
As you can see, a Platinum subscription is just a little more expensive — you’ll only have to spend $12.5 per month if you buy a 1-year membership. It's only 41 cents per day! We highly recommend trying Platinum membership, because that's how you'll significantly increase your chances to attract ladies and to get more messages. However, if the only thing you want to get is sending and receiving emails and using a live chat, a Gold subscription will work perfectly for you.
Some dating websites only accept payments by credit card, but this is not the problem you'll have here. You can pay with your credit card, PayPal, bank transfer, as well as with vouchers. Be carefu, because this website will charge your every card every 1/3/12 months — if you don’t want them to do it, just cancel the auto re-billing.
Korean Cupid review: is it safe and protected?
We’ve said earlier that safety is one of the most important things to consider when evaluating a dating site. It’s 100% true — what’s more, we believe that it’s the most important thing you should consider. After all, if the website isn’t protected, it’s dangerous to use it! For example, if the payment page doesn’t have any protection, your money and your credit card details can be intercepted or stolen — and that’s definitely not what you want.Here comes the good news: Korean Cupid is 100% safe. It protects all your personal and financial data with SSL encryption technology, and the site itself is protected from viruses and malware. That’s all we can say about the technical side of safety. There is another side, actually — as you may know, there are scammers on lots of dating websites, and it’s another huge problem that can lead to losing money. We have another piece of good news for you — the number of scammers and fake profiles is extremely low on Korean Cupid, according to our experience and to hundreds of Korean Cupid reviews. Why? Because as we’ve said, there is an ID verification here, and most women verify their accounts in order to add some credibility.
Korean Cupid overview — conclusion
KoreanCupid is the best place for all men who want to date and marry Korean women. The thing is, there are more than half a million members here, and the absolute majority of them have verified profiles. It doesn't matter whether you use your laptop or smartphone — both website and mobile app are easy-to-use and intuitive. You'll also love the pricing policy of Korean Cupid — even the Platinum subscription is quite cheap (especially if you buy a 12-months package).
- 500,000 of members. More than 90% of women have verified profiles.
- Very good Android app.
- Reasonable pricing. It’s only 33 cents per day if you buy a 1-year Gold subscription!
- Lots of free services. Theoretically, you can even arrange a date with a Korean women without buying a premium subscription!
- No iOS app.
- Android app isn’t perfect.
- You can’t read messages from basic users if you are a basic user.
|Company:||Cupid Media Pty Ltd|
|Address:||Level 5 2502 / 5 Lawson Street, Southport QLD, 4215 Australia|
|Fax:||+ 61 7 3103 4000|