What do you know about Philippine women for marriage? What about their dating culture, character peculiarities, values, and habits? Do you have any idea how to date them? What are the taboos and what these Oriental brides expect from men? Let`s find out the truth.
What are Filipino women for marriage like?
If you`re looking for a Philippines girl for marriage, you need to know everything about her character and personality. Some facts are below.
Mail order Filipino brides are very supportive
If you need a partner who`ll put your needs in front of hers, be caring and supportive every step of your way, a Philipines bride will be perfect for that role. She`s one who`ll be constantly providing you with encouragement or emotional help. In case you have troubles at work, are tired, or something is bothering you, she`ll always notice and make everything possible to help you with that. Maybe she won`t be able to solve all your problems, but she`ll try to comfort you with some small but important gestures like a massage, a delicious treat, or a nice present.
Pinay brides are religious
Importance of religion in the Philippines can`t be underestimated. Almost 85% of the population considers it an essential part of life. The majority of them classify themselves as Christian Catholics. They go to the church every Sunday or sometimes more. Usually, you`ll find some images of crosses and other religious paraphernalia in every corner of a Filipino home. The nation is very proud to be the only Christian nation on the whole Asian continent. However, it doesn`t mean your girlfriend is going to be frantic about her religion. Filipino are usually very tolerant and regard their beliefs as just a normal part of life.
Hot Philippine women are respectful
All boys and girls born in the Philippines are raised and taught to respect others, especially the elderly. It starts with using a few simple catchphrases — “po” and “opo”. They finish their sentences with these words when addressing their grandparents or other elder people. There`s also a custom called “pagmamano”. Children and young people have to put their elders` hands onto their foreheads as a symbol of honor. And one more tradition — “bayanihan”. It implies helping others without expecting anything in return. These are important qualities for every wife and mother. If you want a woman like that — choose a Philippines girl for marriage.
Why do Philipines girls become brides?
What are the reasons they look for foreign husbands? These are mostly social and financial motives.
A high level of poverty
Millions of people suffer from hardship, discomfort, and shortage in the Philippines. About 16% of the population live below the poverty line. About 18 million Filipinos have no means for food or a place to stay. Women struggle to live a better life and want their children to have proper living conditions, good education, and a healthy diet.
A lot of difficulties
There`s a huge number of economical, governmental, environmental problems in the country. For example, corruption in the Philippines is one of the factors that destroy most of the tremendous potential of the hard-working nation. Also, because of the governmental rules and laws, there`s lots of paperwork and red tape. Every simple task process is complicated, restricted, and very tiring. Job opportunities are bad, people have to work long hours with no overtime pay. Education and healthcare aren`t free. But taxes are high. Just imagine, an average Filipino would need to work 3-5 hours to just buy a Starbucks coffee. No proper roads, pavements. Local women know that things are much simpler, more fair, fun, and better in other countries.
Tips for dating Philippine ladies for marriage
Follow a few simple rules to have a long-lasting relationship with your pretty girlfriend from the Philippines.
- Get used to her gestures. Filipinos love their gestures. Some of them might be confusing and weird for foreigners. For example, they like pointing with their mouth. For some reason, rather than using their finger or hand, locals generally pout their lips to give instructions or direct someone somewhere. Another pretty unusual gesture — to open your mouth when you don`t understand a person you`re speaking with. It`s a nonverbal form of asking: “What did you say?”
- Get used to her behavior when she`s upset. She`ll pout her lips not only with a purpose to point you at something. She`ll also do that when she`s frustrated, sad, or mad with you. It usually looks very cute. She also might behave like a little naughty girl waiting for you to give her more attention. Occasionally, she might start ignoring you (sometimes for hours). But it doesn`t mean you should ignore her too. All she so desperately cries for is some care and time from you. So let her be like that. She does it because she has feelings for you.
- Get used to her family. A family is the most significant part for every Filipina girl. But their families are very different from the ones in America, Europe, Australia. Three best words to describe them — affectionate, warm, and loud. They`ll make you feel a part of the family right away. There will certainly be a lot of hugging, nice words, and kissing on the cheek. And another prominent difference — you`ll never be starving visiting her family. It`s not like Western parents don`t cook for guests but when it comes to the Philippines, they always have enough food to feed the village. So, the tip — be as nice and try to open up.
The best sites to search for Philippine brides
If you are interested in dating Philippine women, you would wish to know what are the best mail order brides sites to meet these beauties. Below are some of the sites that we believe are the best where you can get connected with Filipino women.
Top myths about Philipina mail order brides
Before you find your Filipina bride, learn a few myths that are usually going on around the Philippines and its people.
Stereotype #1: Filipinos don`t speak English
Filipinos are truly multilingual people. There`s a native language called Tagalog and about 200 different local dialects. But English is also extremely common in the country. A lot of Filipinos learn it as their first language. English is also taught at schools. Moreover, there`s a huge influence of the US media and Hollywood films. That`s why people speak it quite well. Yes, often you can hear their strong accent but it in no way interferes with understating them. You`ll certainly have no trouble communicating with your Philipines bride.
Stereotype #2: All Filipinos are the same
There are over 7000 islands that now make the Philippines. Some years ago there even wasn`t any “Philippines” to speak about. It was a group of islands separated by large bodies of water. They all had their own culture, traditions, languages, cuisines, religions. The Spanish united the islands sometime later, and now you know them as one country. But the differences between the regions are still obvious. All of them have unique characteristics. Visiting 2 or 3 islands doesn`t mean you have now experienced the whole country. So don`t assume all Filipino women are the same.
Stereotype #2: All Filipinos are uneducated
Even despite lots of difficulties and poverty challenges many locals face daily, it doesn`t make them illiterate or bookless. The thing is many foreigners compare the educational system of their country with the one of the Philippines. Yes, the last one has a lot to be improved, but Filipinos are far from uneducated. Many of them know more than 2 languages, have good jobs (both at home and abroad), travel the world, and have excellent skills in a variety of fields. Unfortunately, even being qualified professionals, Filipinos who work overseas are regarded as low-income workers.
Your life with a Philippines mail order wife
What`s it going to be like?
- More rice for meals. Used to toasts, oatmeal, or cereal for breakfast? Well, no one will take that away from you if you don`t want to. But it`s going to be a lot more rice dishes at your home, so get used to that. It`s almost sure your Philipina girlfriend will be totally fine to eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. By the way, the Philippines remains the world`s largest rice importer.
- More karaoke. Okay, a party with no karaoke is a bad party. What`s the whole point after all? That`s what Philippinos think. Anytime they gather with friends or families, it`s kind of a custom to sing together a variety of songs. It`s a national pastime. Almost every Philippine home has a karaoke machine or a Magic Sing microphone. Bars and restaurants also offer karaoke or videoke (a more competitive version). It`s the same in both big cities and small villages. You`re definitely going to have it too if you find a Filipino wife.
Lots of Western men prove that marriages with Filipino women can be happy and longstanding. These girls can make great life-long partners because of their positive attitude to life, charming nature, family values, and easy-going approach to work. You can have such a wife too, just make a step forward!