Full ThaiCupid.com Review — Everything You Wanted To Know!
Are you looking for a good Thai dating site? ThaiCupid is definitely one of the best of them. It’s a part of a well-known Cupid Media network (it owns more than 35 niche dating websites), so its reputation can’t be questioned. There are more than 1,500,000 members here, the number of free services is very high, and the prices are reasonable — but these are just big words. If you want to know all the details, continue reading this Thai Cupid review — our experts will tell you all the truth about this dating service!
How to sign up to Thai Cupid?
Have you ever tried at least one of Cupid Media dating sites? If you have, you will not have any inconveniences here — the registration process is similar for all the sites of this network. If you haven't, there mustn't be any problems either — here, we'll talk about the registration process and answer all your questions about it.
There are actually two ways to create a profile: with your Facebook account or with your email address. What are the differences?
- Registration with your Facebook account is even faster than using your email. All the information from your FB profile, such as photos and your bio, will be copied to your ThaiCupid profile. You won't have to verify your profile if you use your FB account.
- Registration with your email is a little more time-consuming, but it’s still very fast. You'll have to enter your bio and other information, such as age, gender, and name, by yourself. You can also verify your email address — despite it's not mandatory here, it's still highly recommended to do it.
Why verifying your account? There are two reasons here. The first reason is credibility — you can’t deny the fact that when you write to ladies, you want them to be real, not fake. Women want to be sure that you’re a real person, too — and email verification is one the things you can do to prove your identity on ThaiCupid.
Another reason why you should verify your email address is that the Thai Cupid team often deletes the profiles which are not validated. According to the reviews, and according to our experience, it’s a very common issue — so if you don’t want your newly created profile to be deleted, you know what to do. The good thing is that email verification is very simple and fast here — you just open the mail, click on the “verify” button and that’s all.
And don’t forget about answering the questions about yourself and about your perfect partner. If you want the matching algorithm to work as expected, don’t skip this step. Oh, and of course, that’s another thing that will add your profile credibility — because as we’ve said, Thai Cupid team tends to delete suspicious accounts, and if you don’t answer the personality questions, that’s exactly what they call suspicious. But don’t worry, it won’t take more than 2-3 minutes.
Security on ThaiCupid.com
One of the biggest concerns of every Western man who’s looking for international dating sites is a scam. Unfortunately, there are lots of fake dating services which look real but have only one goal — to steal your money. How to make sure that Thai Cupid isn’t one of these sites?
At first, it’s all about the reputation. It’s not a new website — it was established in 2002, which means it has a very long history. If it was fake, there would be thousands of negative reviews — but according to our research, there are none. Cupid Media reputation is very high, too — after all, it has been operating for more than 19 years, and it would’ve been impossible for it to work for so long if it wasn’t a fair, ethical and honest company.
So, we hope that everything’s clear about the reputation. Let’s talk about safety — and as you may have guessed, there aren’t any safety problems here.
Anti scam measures
If a woman asks to send her money, it’s most likely a scammer. Unfortunately, it’s a common problem for all the dating sites — so if you see that a woman acts suspiciously, just block her profile and she’ll never write to you again.
However, it’s very unlikely to see a scammer on ThaiCupid.com. The thing is, there is an ID verification here — if you want to verify your identity, you’ll have to upload a verification document (a color copy of a government-issued document, such as passport or driver license). Yes, lots of men ignore it, but most women have “Validated” badges, which means they are real persons. We highly recommend to send messages only to the women who have verified profiles — that’s how you can be 100% sure that you won’t be scammed.
The website has the SSL certificate (issued by Thawte) — it's a must-have for every paid dating site, because this technology protects financial information, such as credit card details. It also has a McAfee certificate, which means that there are no viruses on this website and that it can't damage your PC. In very simple words: just as any other Cupid Media site, ThaiCupid.com is 100% safe and protected.
Thai Cupid’s services
The good news is: the number of free services is impressive here, so buying a premium subscription isn’t mandatory. The bad news is: you still should buy it, especially if you want to communicate with beautiful Thai ladies without any limits. Interested? Then continue reading. Here, we’ll tell you everything about the services offered by this dating website!
- Matching is free. All the standard users can get matches, based on their preferences and on their personality traits.
- Sending interests is free as well. If you want to hint that you like a woman, just click that "Show Interest" button and it's done.
- Sending messages is 100% free! You can send messages to all the users of this site even if you don't have a Premium subscription yet. However, it's not that simple.
- You can also view all the photos without paying a cent — there are no “private” photos here.
- Basic search is available for all the users. You can search by age, gender, and country/city.
- Reading messages. The thing is, basic users can’t open the messages sent by other basic users, which means it’s impossible to communicate with a woman if both of you have Standard profiles. Premium users can send and receive messages from both basic and Standard users — and unfortunately, almost 100% of the ladies on Thaicupid.com don’t pay for a Premium subscription.
- Advanced search is a Premium feature. Do you want to search by religion, ethnicity, height and weight, hair color, body type, education, etc.? Then think about buying at least a Gold membership.
- Instant messenger is another Premium feature. It’s very easy-to-use, and we personally like using it even more than sending messages. You’ll like it, too — there is a video chat here, and it’s probably the best communication method when it comes to international dating websites.
- Both Gold and Platinum users don’t see any ads.
- Translation services. Many Thai ladies don’t know English, so it will be a very useful feature. Unfortunately, not all Premium members can use it — only those with a Platinum subscription.
- Anonymous browsing. If you don’t want women to know that you’ve watched their photos and visited their pages, you can buy a Platinum membership and browse their profiles anonymously.
- Getting ranked higher. It’s another Platinum feature — if you’ve bought a Platinum subscription, your profile will always be ranked higher in the search results. Higher than Gold profiles even. It’s a great feature that will help you attract more girls!
- Better matching algorithm is available for Premium users only. According to our experience (and to hundreds of real reviews), we can safely say that advanced matching algorithm works perfectly.
ThaiCupid review. Pricing policy and payments
So, what to choose? Is Platinum subscription much more expensive than a Gold one? What are the payment methods accepted by ThaiCupid.com? And how much does it cost? All the answers are already here!
Gold membership costs
- 1 month = $35;
- 3 months = $70;
- 12 months = $140.
Platinum membership costs
- 1 month = $40;
- 3 months = $80;
- 12 months = $160.
As you can see, it's only $13.33 per month if you choose the longest subscription package. What’s more, it’s only $2 more expensive than a Gold 12-months package.
Making your choice
Which one is better? If you want to get lots of messages, to attract lots of ladies, and to use translation services, Platinum membership is for you (it’s not too expensive, as you can see). If you only want to send and to receive messages, Gold membership may work well for you — and don’t forget that it’s a little cheaper, so you’ll save a few bucks on it.
The assortment of payment options is quite wide. You can pay with your bank account, with PayPal, and with your credit or debit card. This website has an auto-renewal option, so if you don't want to prolong your Premium membership automatically, cancel this option in a settings menu.
ThaiCupid.com overview — Conclusion
ThaiCupid is one of the cheapest Thai dating sites, it has more than 1.5 million members, it’s safe and trustworthy, and it offers a huge number of services and features. However, it’s not perfect — lots of profiles are empty here, and sometimes the website moderators delete newly created profiles.
Does it mean that you shouldn’t try it? Of course it doesn’t. There might be some problems about it, but ThaiCupid is still one of the best Thai dating services in the world. What’s more, the registration is 100% free, so you won’t have to pay anything to try this website!
- Easy-to-use website and great mobile app.
- Hundreds of thousands real Thai women who want to find a Western man.
- Reasonable prices.
- Video chat is very good here. Instant messenger isn’t bad either.
- If a woman has a Premium membership, you can communicate with her without paying anything.
- Great advanced search. The number of search filters is amazing.
- It’s a little more expensive than the majority of Cupid Media dating sites.
- Lots of incomplete profiles.
- Sometimes, the profiles are deleted without warning (but you can always write to the customer support team and they’ll solve this problem).
|Company:||Cupid Media Pty Ltd|
|Address:||Level 5 2502 / 5 Lawson Street Southport QLD 4215 Australia|
|Phone-Hotline:||US and Canadian Customers (toll-free): 1-800-787-0838 / UK Customers (freephone): 0800 056 9427 / Australian Customers: (07) 5571 1181 / Other International Customers: +61 7 5571 1181|
|Fax:||+61 7 3103 4000|