14 Dos and Don’ts of Dating Chinese Woman
Chinese is an exclusive nation with lots of peculiarities, so if you decide to date a Chinese girl, you need to be well-prepared.
So here are 14 DOs and DON’Ts of dating Chinese women.
1. Learn about Chinese culture before you go out on a date. Otherwise, you will ask her awkward questions which can make her mad about you.
2. Don’t ignore learning Chinese. Lots of Chinese girls don’t speak English so this would help you overcome the barrier. And even if Chinese brides speak English, it’s a matter of honor to have a boyfriend who respects their language and origin.
3. Register on Chinese social media sites. To always stay in touch with your Chinese girl, consider trying out WeChat, Weibo or Renren. However, it is still better to rely on trustworthy Chinese women dating sites at the early stage of your communication.
4. Don’t stereotype. When dating a Chinese girl you will have to be open to new things, so by stereotyping, you may upset your lady. Remember that not all Chinese girls are as tender, good at housekeeping, as Westerners like to believe. Don’t assume all Chinese girls are the same.
5. Do accept her beliefs, especially those related to medicine. At first, it might be weird to you, but you either accept everything or don’t date a Chinese.
6. Don’t do a lot of business talk. Chinese girls are fun loving, and it’s easy to make them feel bored talking about work or something like that.
7. Do look good. To impress a Chinese girl, you need to take good care of your body: you have to be neat and fit. However, note that Chinese beauties aren’t usually obsessed with very muscular guys, so it’s your chance!
8. Don’t disrespect her parents. Don’t say anything negative about her parents either before you meet them or after. Otherwise, you can ruin your relationship with a Chinese girl, who cherishes her parents.
9. Do be proud of your intelligence. Yes, if you are a nerd, you have all chances to conquer the heart of a Chinese girl.
10. Don’t be mean. Money in China is as important as intelligence, so when dating a Chinese girl, you need to make her understand that you will be able to provide for the family.
11. Do be patient. Chinese society is pretty conservative so don’t hurry things up. Dating a Chinese girl may take a long time before you get married.
12. Don’t invite her for dinner or movie when going on a first date as it can make a Chinese woman feel uncomfortable. Instead, ask her for a coffee or go for a walk.
13. Do encourage her to talk. In lots of Asian countries there is a “cult of introverts” – the more the person stays calm and the less he/she talks, the better. It might seem to you that a Chinese girl just doesn’t want to speak, and you will take the lead, but the thing is that she will be just trying to show you respect by listening and she won’t start talking a lot until she sees that you are done.